Started in 2019 by live sound engineer David Scorteccia, Sonnect is a young and vibrant startup based in Perugia, Italy, which designs and manufactures innovative products for the audio industry.
Sonnect’s first product, the SoundBullet, has been rapidly adopted by many affirmed professionals who use it every day to boost the efficiency and reliability of their work.
So far, Sonnect sold thousands, and has orders at full capacity for the rest of the year.
The incredible success of the SoundBullet has prompted David to put together a team of collaborators from the industry, to help him scale up the company and meet market demand.
Thanks to the experience learned with the first product, the company aims at expanding its product line in 2023.
As Operations manager, you’ll be responsible for everything that happens from the minute a customer places an order to when the order is fulfilled to the customer. This includes close supervision of product assembly, testing, and preparation for shipping.
You’ll also be in charge of pre- & post-sale services (Customer Success), by assisting our customers with technical support and generally making sure they are happy and satisfied when interacting with the Sonnect brand and products.
The ideal candidate will also be responsible for bridging R&D to production by creating the best production standards, methods, and improvements.
Sonnect’s products are electronics technology enclosed in a custom-designed housing, therefore experience in electronics, mechanics, industrial design or QA/QC is crucial.
Also, considering the planned expansion of the product line, experience with supply-chain and procurement, is highly favorable.
- Designing, implementing and coordinating production processes and methods
- Planning functions of a small team of assembly operators
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives
- Oversee procurement and purchase departments
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Designing and creating production jigs and fixtures for assembling and testing products
- Planning space, equipment, labour, and materials required
- Design, update and integrate MRP systems
- Communicate with worldwide customers, distribution network and resellers
- Communicate with suppliers, outsourced contractors, collaborators, and other internal department
- Define and implement layout, skills and how people and equipment is organized
- Forecast, plan and oversee operations
- Maintain continuous improvement and production efficiency
- Direct, coordinate and review performance data, forecast and schedules
- Create strategies and tactics to tackle supply chain threats
- Align with Product, R&D, HR, and finance departments
- Excellent ability to delegate activities and responsibilities while maintaining organisational control of operations and Customer Success
- Predisposition to plan, organise and control
- Strong budget development and oversight skills
- English fluency
- Inclination to leadership
- Project management software, Google Workspace (Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides)
- Experience/knowledge of the sound engineering world / entertainment industry / pro-audio
- Experience in either:
- Industrial Design
- 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing companies
Since we are a startup with a small team, depending on your skill-set, the candidate may also be required to assist in other aspects of product development, R&D testing, fast prototyping and office management.